Sunday, October 18, 2009

Music: The Music Genome Project

Sometimes when I am doing copyedit work online, I like to listen to Internet radio in the background. I like a range of music types, depending on my mood. Several months ago, a friend turned me on to an Internet radio site that is free, fun, and quite unusual. You enter names of artists, song titles, or types of music and then music is played and your feedback is used on an ongoing basis to determine what is played next. It's a great way to hear what you want and to learn about artists and albums that you discover that you like but hadn't heard before. (Then I try to find their CDs in my library.) Today, there's an article in the NYTimes online about this site and how the "Music Genome Project" works. It's quite interesting. If you want to try the site yourself, use this linkhttp://www.pandora.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment