Sunday, January 23, 2011

Valentine's Day

It won't be long now until Valentine's day, February 14. I remember when I was in grade school in the fifties there were these packages of thin colorful cardboard valentines, very inexpensive, and we would give them to everyone in the class. Sometimes special valentines were also handmade with crayons and construction paper and whatnot -- for important people like moms and grandmothers. And there was tiny heart-shaped pastel hard candy with words on each piece saying things like "be mine."

 In recent years, in my household, we usually just celebrate the holiday by going out to dinner at a nice restaurant -- sometimes just my husband and myself, sometimes with friends. Maybe a box of chocolates will be in the offing as well.

Romantic Valentine's day celebrations for adults sometimes involve flowers, candy, and other gifts from prospective or current "significant others." An evening out in a fancy red dress may be on the agenda for some folks.


Since many people like to give Valentine gifts, I thought about the fact that Valentine earrings from Beaded Jewelry by Susan would make lovely presents. I have some pairs on the site right now that would be perfect for the occasion and yet classic enough in their design and materials to be worn at any time of the year. So I created a new section called "Valentine Earrings." Come and have a look and tell me what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Eslice of india is one of the best online shopping Site. Which also provides online Valentine & other Gifts.

    ReplyDelete